Summer School on Blue Growth in the Euro-Mediterranean Region 2018
Application procedure and evaluation criteria
The Summer School is jointly organized by OGS, the National Institute of Oceanography and Applied Geophysics, throughout the Blue Growth Initiative supported by the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research (MIUR) within the framework of the Western Mediterranean Forum (Dialogue 5+5) and the Euro-Mediterranean University (EMUNI).
To apply for the Summer School, candidates must:
- Have completed undergraduate programme,
- Be eligible to study at the postgraduate level
- Have knowledge of English (level B2 or higher)
- Have demonstrated an interest in the region and the theme
No discrimination of age: seniority could be an advantage
No discrimination of gender: we guarantee a good gender balance in the selection between males and females
Participants/target group (number, age, origins)
Participants of the envisaged summer school should be scienitists, managerial and research staff (young experts), mainly coming from EU and Euro-Mediterranean Region. They should have a scientific background related to marine and maritime sectors such as oceanography experts (physics, chemistry and biology), marine biologists, geologists, geophysics, geochemists, chemists, environmental engineers and other experts working in related fields will be eligible. They should not be necessary high-level professionals but they should be able to demonstrate their ability particularly to assimilate new concepts such as Sustainable Blue Growth.
30 trainees will be identified and selected according to well-defined selection criteria.
Under his/her own responsibility, the candidate, in accordance with the D.P.R. 445/2000, must declare the personal and professional information.
An important part of the application is the statement of the motivation (max 4.000 characters to explain the motivation). In addition, the candidate have to submit the following:
- CV (preferably in the Europass format)
- Letter of support from your institution (recommended, but not mandatory, especially if you are currently not a student or employed or if it would be difficult for you to obtain one for other reasons).
- A copy of the passport, ID card or other form of application (mandatory).